مرحبا بك ايها الزائر نرحب بك و يشرفنا ان تكون عضوا معنا بتسجيلك

في منتدى شباب السودان المبدع

نتمنا لك زيارة سعيده والمشاركة معنا وتقبل تحيات فريق الادارة
منتدى شباب السودان المبدع
مرحبا بك ايها الزائر نرحب بك و يشرفنا ان تكون عضوا معنا بتسجيلك

في منتدى شباب السودان المبدع

نتمنا لك زيارة سعيده والمشاركة معنا وتقبل تحيات فريق الادارة
منتدى شباب السودان المبدع
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

. *”˜.•°*”˜•منتدى••.•°*”˜ شباب السودان ˜”*°•المبدع. ˜”* °•.˜”* صفحتنا. *”˜˜”*°•. ˜”*°••••••°*”˜ .•°*”˜˜”*°•. تضم أفضل الأعضاء *”˜˜”*°•. ˜”*°••••••°*”˜ .•°*”˜˜”*°•.

الرئيسيةالأحداثتي في قرانالمنشوراتأحدث الصوردخولالتسجيلالمنتدي الاسلامىموقعنا على الفيس بوك

Realizations from my second trip to the Social Good Summit

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
محمد فرح
Admin
محمد فرح

عدد المساهمات : 844
تاريخ التسجيل : 16/07/2011
العمر : 34
الموقع : farahadam90.sudanforums.net

Realizations from my second trip to the Social Good Summit Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Realizations from my second trip to the Social Good Summit   Realizations from my second trip to the Social Good Summit I_icon_minitimeالإثنين أكتوبر 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Last week, I attended the 2011 Social Good Summit in New York City where dozens of guest speakers talked about the role technology can play in making the world—and especially the developing world—a better place. The two big realizations I had this year were:

1) Mobile technology has the power to connect millions of people who live far from hospitals, doctors, schools and emergency care, and

2) The growing movement to empower girls and women everywhere can have a profound effect on global health.

Today, frontline health workers are using cell phones in the field to collect data on pregnancies, help with diagnosis and to send reminders to sick individuals to take important antibiotics. Phones are now so inexpensive and accessible that many more people can afford one, creating two-way communications where previously face-to-face contact was the only option. Now, many more poor families can reach health workers, any time of day, and ask medical questions or call for help. I was amazed to find out that the camera on a community health worker’s phone can be used to take a photo of a blood sample and send it to a lab for diagnosis. Through this use of mobile technology, frontline health workers can more effectively link millions of people who live long distances from hospitals and doctors to quality care.

One of my favorite speakers at the summit was the actress Geena Davis. She, who just helped launch the UN’s newest agency,UN Women. She spoke of encouraging girls from a young age to pursue their dreams and criticized entertainment and the media for reinforcing negative stereotypes. There is a global call to help girls realize they can stay in school, wait to get married and be who they want to be without feeling pressured. An educated girl is likely to have fewer children, meaning she will have more time and money to care for the children she does have, resulting in an overall healthier family. Most health workers are women who believed in themselves from an early age and realized their potential. We need smart girls to grow in to strong women who can make a difference for those in need.

But there is more to global development than mobile technology and fighting stereotypes, I was struck by something that Archbishop Desmond Tutu said when he was asked how he stays so optimistic and why he devotes himself to create change for good. He answered by saying “I am not an optimist, but a prisoner of hope.”

Hope was in abundance at the Social Good Summit. At the beginning of the week I was still trying to understand why new technology was so important to people who didn’t even have clean drinking water or access to healthcare. I realized that in the United States, our view of new technology is to create a convenience like a cell phone or an iPad. But in a developing country, new technology is really a tool for survival.
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
https://farahadam90.sudanforums.net

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» Milk: It Really Does Do a Body Good
» Local Health Workers Help them keep the good going
» Media Networks, Inc. makes Caps for Good

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتدى شباب السودان المبدع  :: المنتدى العام :: المنتدى الاسلامى يشمل الادعية والاحاديث والكثير-
انتقل الى: